Sunday, March 18, 2012

Year 6 Camp 2012


Year 6 Camp

In Week 7,  Year 6 attended a camp at the Sydney Academy of Sports and Recreation. Camp was a great experience for me because I got to know my classmates and teachers better.

One of my greatest experiences was when I participated in the ropes course. Heather (one of the instructors) explained to us how to put on safety ropes to prevent us from falling. We had to pick a partner to swap safety gear with and my partners where Ian and William. The ropes where approximately 4-5 meters high and didn’t look very scary from the ground but when I was on the ropes it felt like I was 20 meters in the sky. The ropes were quite wiggly but they were safe. When it was my turn to do the flying fox I was very nervous.  When I jumped it felt like I was falling down about to hit the floor but then I felt the ropes support me and before I knew it I was flying in the sky. 

Breakfast, lunch and dinner were also a great experience because we had to do the washing up and serving. For breakfast the boys in dingoes did the washing up. For a while we didn’t realise that the dishes went through the machine automatically so we pushed the dishes in manually.

One of the scariest activities was abseiling. Abseiling was a big challenge to everyone because we were walking down a very high cliff face. An instructor taught us how to put on our safety belts to keep us from falling down the cliff.

Camp was a great experience for me and taught us how to interact better with our class mates.


Luka C


No comments:

Post a Comment